Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Da Beach

Last Thursday we thought me might as well go see the beach of Virginia Beach. We left a little before lunchtime for the oceanfront and scouted for a place to settle. It being a Thursday it wasn't too busy and so we didn't have a hard time finding a decent spot.

As of Thursday Justin and I have visited both oceans together--it was quite momentous. Unfortunately we went to San Diego during the fall and the weather wasn't very pleasant so this experience was much more beach bum worthy. We had a slight heat wave and it was in mid 90's with very few winds. It was slightly cloudy, but I think I perfer it that way. I think the major detrament was that the sand was super hot and so we didn't get to play frisbee as much as we wanted (I admit I was being the pansy on that score, but you should have seen my feet. The base of them were turning bright red after only 30 seconds and I was wearing flip flops!)Overall, the Atlantic is much better than the smelly Gulf of Mexico (sorry Texas), but as for the Pacific I have yet to see it on a good, warm, sunny day so I will reserve my judgement for later.

Our faces are slighly distorted cause there was some water
on the lens when I took the picture. Whoops!
After 4 hours in the sun and 2 sunblock applications later, I still got a sunburn on my back, but we both had a great time. Maybe by the time someone comes a visits we'll have found the best beaches to visit.



1 comment: